This is a sweeter version of coconut bars, and in a convenient bite sized format for easy snacking in the back country. In warmer weather they hold up really well.
Enjoy these sweet bites anytime.
Coconut Protein Bites
Chef: David White
Recipe type: Snack
Kitchen Type: Back Country
- 4 cups coconut, shredded
- ¼ cup dried mango, finely chopped
- ¼ dried pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 8 tsp powdered egg white
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- In a food processor combine shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, sugar, salt and mango. Pulse several times to break up the pumpkin seeds. Add powdered egg and pulse several more times to mix.
- With the food processor on low, slowly add brown rice syrup and coconut oil. Pour mixture out into a large mixing bowl. Add pomegranate seeds and mix well.
- Press mixture firmly into a 8x8 pan. Place in freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Once mixture has been chilled it will be easier to remove from pan. Remove from pan and transfer to cutting board. Cut into ½ inch pieces.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 51 Fat: 2.7 Carbohydrates: 6.3 Sugar: 3.5 Fiber: .5 Protein: .8
- Cauliflower Porridge