This is our family’s go-to guacamole recipe. What makes this guacamole “paleo” is the absence of mayonnaise or sour cream.
Being that we don’t eat grains (including corn, and thus corn chips) you might wonder why we’d need a guacamole recipe at all. We put this s**t on EVERYTHING! Hamburgers, fried eggs, omelettes, pulled pork, paleo fajitas (of course), almond crackers, veggie sticks, and just about everything else. Enjoy!
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded finely chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp. Chopped cilantro
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seed and scoop out flesh from the peel.
- In a large bowl place the diced onion, jalapeño, tomato, scooped avocado and lime juice. Make sure avocado is covered with lime juice.
- Using a potato masher, mash mixture until it is a consistency you like. I prefer my guacamole to be rather lumpy. Add salt, cumin, garlic, and cilantro and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.